Thursday 13 May 2010

Cameroon versus Japan

David Cameroons going to be a busy boy. Not only has he got a new job with his new mate to bully, he’s also playing his world cup opener against Japan in June and those guys will be no push over, believe me. Underdog favourites I reckon.

I pissed myself when I read his speech on his arrival at number ten. He wittered on something like "a country where we don't just ask, 'Where are my entitlements?' but, 'What are my responsibilities?' Where we don't ask, 'What am I owed?' but more, 'What can I give?'" Was that drivel written by a focus group or what.

They should have stuck to the original Bobby Kennedy speech and been done with it. “And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country”, not forgetting to change the nationality bit, although may be not.