Wednesday 11 May 2016

Virgin fails to deliver

A combination of work, laziness and domestic chores kept me of blog and twitter for a while but that pales into insignificance over my internet provider’s inability to provide me with internet.

It has been three weeks since I first contacted Virgin Media to report my broadband was on the blink, I won’t bore you with the details but the experience has been akin to repeatedly smashing my head against a brick wall while HAL, the computer from 2001 Space Odyssey, says “I’m sorry Mike, I can’t do that”.

I guess that’s what you get when you sign up to a company fronted by a failed Christmas tree farmer and drug advocate.

Turns out slow internet speeds, intermittent access, no mobile reception and excessive bills topped off with piss poor customer service is a democratic problem in the UK as everyone gets to experience it at some point. 

After living in the former Soviet Union for the last ten years, with its tip top, cheap, fast and reliable internet, I can tell the people of the UK, you are being taken for a ride, I'd complain if I was you, surely someone appointed an internet Czar, try him or her for starters.

Anyway, I now have a piece of string between two tin cans and a flock of messenger pigeons to hand so I can start catching up with the backlog of work; apologies if you’ve been waiting for a reply to an email, normal service is being resumed.

Congratulations to Leicester City FC for winning the English Premier League.