Saturday 28 May 2016

Second Black Sea Crop Tour kicks off tomorrow

Tomorrow I kick off the second Black Sea Crop Tour of 2016 when I head to Ukraine.

Over the next nine to ten days the team and I plan to cover around 4,000km of central, south and eastern Ukraine and Central and south Russia.

The aim of this crop tour is to assess the condition of the newly emerged spring crops of corn, sunflower and soyabeans but we will also comment on the condition of cereal crops plus anything else that is noteworthy.

I will post daily updates during the tour on the subscribers twitter account @BSCT_01 which will consist of comment and opinion, photographs and videos.

We also have a couple of farm visits lined up and will be chatting to the guys there to see how their season has been progressing and what thoughts they may have for the coming weeks.

Drop me a line if you would like to subscribe and support us in delivering the only truly independent Black Sea Crop Tour and to receive access to the tour Twitter account and follow up reports.

From what I'm hearing we'll need to pack waterproofs.

Adieu for now.