Wednesday 23 July 2014

In the Kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is King

When I go off message from farming into politics I'm conversely accused of being either a Kremlin backed troll or a Western stooge.

Sometimes I read something that means I must take that risk.

Russia’s former finance minister Alexei Kudrin said conservative forces had seized upon the Ukraine crisis to push the country towards an isolationist course, and this ran counter to the interests of Russian business, which is a fair comment.

Although a former finance minister, Mr Kudrin still maintains high level connections as one of Putin’s trusted economic advisors and goes on to say that the stand-off with the west will hurt the countries modernisation.

He may be connected in Moscow, is he connected to the rest of Russia?

Every minute of every day I am totally underwhelmed by the sheer pace of Russia’s modernisation.