Tuesday 27 July 2010

Wish you were here!

Managed to grab a couple of days away for a last minute holiday hence a lack of blogs, normal service will be resumed in about a week.

I have made the short trip back to Blighty and the first thing that struck me was how darn helpful everyone has been. I went to the bank to give them a roasting but they immediately fixed my problems which kind of took the wind out of my sails. People in shops have been helpful and friendly. It really is easy-peasy in the UK.

The other thing that struck me was how dry it has been, eveything is brown and crispy which can't help matters. While we have had it hot and dry in Ukraine there has been frequent rain events during May and June which has kept everything much greener.

The final thing that struck me was how fat everyone is looking. That's not good.

Wheat selling this week at 1,300UAH for grade 4, OSR 3,200.

OSR combining finished, on to the wheat.

Off to the beach, ciao.