Friday 25 June 2010

Back in the Office

Back from my brief tour around the crops in eastern and central Ukraine.

I thought I was going to miss the England game but found myself in a Ukrainian farm director’s office fifteen minutes after kick off. There was a telly in the corner so I politely asked if it was ok to put the footie on while we had our meeting. “No problem” he said, “great” I thought, all I had to do was to keep him talking for 90 minutes and I was going to see the game all the way through.

I spent the next hour and half talking to this guy, half listening to his answers, trying to think up another question that would keep him talking, while all the time following the game over his left shoulder on a turned down, snowy pictured TV sat in the far corner.

Who says men can’t multi task?