Friday 26 November 2010

You can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave

I have just spent the day trying to close down my internet account with a generally well run and un-Ukrainian like company, Volia.

.

When I contacted them earlier this year to set up an internet connection they couldn't have been more helpful, nothing was too much trouble and they sent some guys round within twenty four hours to get me on line.

.

"Don't give the guys any cash" they told me, "pay over the phone and please report to us if they ask for cash" which they didn't.

.

I couldn't fault the level of service, brilliant, even told me to have a nice day, very unlike Ukraine.

.

Then I came to close down the account.

.

You have to return the equipment (modem, set top box, cables etc) to some remote out of the way office bock, spend an hour while Tanya goes through your file, fills in the forms and assess the state of the equipment that you have returned.

.

Then they charge you for the missing item which included the box! 50UAH that cardboard box cost me.

.

They obviously didn't want us to leave.